Author Topic: Methods of counteracting malicious applications.  (Read 22362 times)

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Keylogger.Org Active Participant
  • I love Keylogger.Org!
    • View Profile
Methods of counteracting malicious applications.
« on: January 28, 2008, 04:12:56 AM »
SECURITY CONTEST

Today we are offering quite a general topic for a discussion. You are welcome to make posts on various methods of preventing keystrokes from being captured, Internet or any other computer activity from being logged by malicious programs. We have no doubt that everyone will find it challenging to win a free license for high quality monitoring and anti-keylogging software. We have contacted the vendors and they have agreed to provide FREE licenses for their programs as a prize for the winners. You will get an opportunity to enjoy the high level of performance of:

All In One Keylogger 3.0 by RELYTEC;

Elite Keylogger 3.6 by WIDESTEP SECURITY SOFTWARE;

Powered Keylogger 2.2.1.1981 by ELTIMA SOFTWARE GmbH;

PrivacyKeyboard by GLOBAL INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (UK) LIMITED;

Spytech SpyAgent Stealth Edition 6.15.08 by SPYTECH SOFTWARE AND DESIGN,Inc;

Stealth Keylogger 4.9 by AMPLUSNET;

WinSession Logger 4.4 by CROMOSOFT TECHNOLOGIES.

Everyone, starting with a user of little experience to a professional, can take part in the contest. The rules are very simple, there are no limitations:

1) we suggest a topic for discussion which is connected with the computer security aspects (you will always be able to find the current topic at this page);
     2) the corresponding thread is created at the site Forum and you are welcome to make posts relative to the topic there;
     3) every person has the right for an unlimited number of posts;
     4) the thread is considered active for 30 days then it is closed;
     5) finally, on the 31st day, our team decides which of the posts are the best and each of the winners gets the prize - a free license for the software he or she chooses;
     6) each winner has the right to choose only one software and the winners choose in the order corresponding to the place they take, the person who takes the first place chooses the first and so on;
     7) after we announce the winners, each person is going to receive the notification with the list of the software he/she has the right to pick out of;
     8) after receiving the notification, a person has to contact us within 10 business days at [email protected] providing the name of the chosen software and the information requested in order for a person to obtain the prize.

It is natural that to become a winner the post should contain essential information on the topic, profound reflections; it is preferable to back up statements with arguments. So, the informativity of a post will be taken as a main criterion of evaluation.

Important! The posts related to the current topic of the contest but locating in some other Forum thread are NOT taken into account!

Important! We would like to warn that the rules of the contest may be changed by the Administrator. The changes will be implemented after the current topic is closed and before the next starts, in this respect the warning messages will appear in the site news, at this page and in the forum contest thread!

The most important!!! If you want to take part in the contest you need to give your valid e-mail address while the registration is performed or you may send the e-mail address you can be contacted via in a private message to the Forum Admin.
YOU HAVE TO CONTACT US BACK IN 10 BUSINESS DAYS TERM AFTER YOU RECEIVE THE NOTIFICATION OF BEING A WINNER TO GET YOUR PRIZE!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2008, 07:28:24 AM by admin »

Offline frozen

• Keylogger.Org Honored Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: Methods of counteracting malicious application
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2008, 05:51:55 AM »
I have been using KeyScrambler. It intercepts keystrokes at the kernel level, where most keyloggers work, and scramble the keystrokes.  Free version works for firefox/internet explorer. Paid for version works with email clients etc.
http://www.qfxsoftware.com/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 05:52:38 AM by frozen »

Jonny_boy

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 06:14:24 AM »
KeyScrambler is a nice application. I\'ve tested it with several keyloggers (popular once) and none intercepted real keystrokes that I pressed. It is compatible with Windows Vista and it is free for personal use. I would like to use a Pro version to test it with Word or Excel, because these applications seem to be of more interest for me presonally.

Denny

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:22:36 AM »
The best way to stop keystrokes from being captured is to not turn on your computer  ;)

howcanhe

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 09:51:08 AM »
Unlogger is a great program but at a price of about $20.oo  I\'m not sure how this compares to the other free blocker previous in this post.  Unlogger has a free 15 day trial.  http://www.download3000.com/download_8098.html

34yo

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 03:56:28 AM »
I\'va found out that form-filling programs can prevent keylogging. They are primarily designed for web browsers to fill in checkout pages and log users into their accounts. Once the user\'s account and credit card information has been entered into the program, it will be automatically entered into forms without ever using the keyboard or clipboard, thereby reducing the possibility that private data is being recorded. (Though someone with access to browser internals and/or memory can often still get to this information; if SSL is not used, network sniffers and proxy tools can easily be used to obtain private information too.)

It is important to generate passwords in a fashion that is invisible to keyloggers and screenshot utilities. Using a browser integrated form filler and password generator that does not just pop up a password on the screen is therefore key. Programs that do this can generate and fill passwords without ever using the keyboard or clipboard.

I think this is one of the ways that may contribute to your protection.

You may try the programs from http://www.protecteer.com/asp/home.asp ,  http://www.roboform.com/, http://www.password-magic.com/ .

Tyler

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 10:26:30 PM »
34yo, are you trying to monitor all the planet?:) You have already won the previous contest. How do you know so much about spyware? Maybe you are working for the CIA ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 10:27:33 PM by Tyler »

hopkinzer

Hack Proof Security
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2008, 05:56:15 AM »
One solution to defeat all keyloggers and malicious stuff even  hardware n device driver based keyloggers 2

hackproofsecurity.com
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 05:59:56 AM by hopkinzer »

Offline Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • Keylogger.Org Active Participant
  • I love Keylogger.Org!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 07:12:12 AM »
We decided to close this topic, becuse of the abscence of activity in it.