Author Topic: TGEYE Confusing Remote installation options  (Read 15623 times)

nate nate

TGEYE Confusing Remote installation options
« on: January 16, 2012, 03:58:14 PM »
I have purchased TGEYE and am trying to create a remote install version but have found it quite confusing. Does anyone have a more indepth guide than is found on their website?

ALso, I looked at using a file binder "IExpress" but fodn thsi very confusing as well. Does any oen have a step by step explanation of the process please? However, from my understanding, this just creates another *.exe file.........which hotmail will not allow me to attach.

What should I do?

N

Offline Cruceo

• Keylogger.Org Participant
  • I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
Re: TGEYE Confusing Remote installation options
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 12:43:52 PM »
I have purchased TGEYE and am trying to create a remote install version but have found it quite confusing. Does anyone have a more indepth guide than is found on their website?

ALso, I looked at using a file binder "IExpress" but fodn thsi very confusing as well. Does any oen have a step by step explanation of the process please? However, from my understanding, this just creates another *.exe file.........which hotmail will not allow me to attach.

What should I do?

N

For legal reasons, we will never help with remote installations more than a brief overview of how it can be done. And in no way do we support the use of file binding software, as it has absolutely no non-malicious use whatsoever.

Basic remote installation guide:

1. Open TGEYESetup.exe
2. Choose your settings
3. Click Build (For Remote Installations)
4. Go to the directory where TGEYESetup is located, and grab the RIM (Remote Installation Module) (default: TGEYE.exe)
5. Transport the RIM to the PC you want it installed on
6. Open the file as an admin

As long as the computer in question has .NET 3.5 or higher and the file is opened with the proper permissions, TGEYE should have no problem installing itself and running.

Offline dani1961

• Keylogger.Org Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 06:08:51 AM »
What do you mean by "the file is opened with the proper permissions" ?
Isn't enough to double click on it?

Offline frozen

• Keylogger.Org Honored Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:56:25 AM »
What do you mean by "the file is opened with the proper permissions" ?
Isn't enough to double click on it?
On windows 7 and vista it must be ran as adminstrator

Offline dani1961

• Keylogger.Org Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 07:58:24 AM »
But if the user that double click on it is in the Administrators group?

Offline Cruceo

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 11:21:00 AM »
But if the user that double click on it is in the Administrators group?

Are you asking what would happen if they open it without admin privileges?

Then the answer is nothing. It will not install or run properly without appropriate permissions.

Offline dani1961

• Keylogger.Org Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:34:12 AM »
No, I was asking if you have to click with the right button on it and then click "run as administrator" or is it enough to double click on it (if the user with which you are logged in is in the administrators group) ?

Offline Cruceo

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
You should always right click and select to run as an administrator, especially on Windows Vista/7, as the default administrator account isn't actually as administrative as you think it is. And if its not opened with proper permissions it cannot function correctly.

Offline dani1961

• Keylogger.Org Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »
Unfortunately this is a big issue to install it remotely..... anyway it is a good piece of software

I liked that part with "default administrator account isn't actually as administrative as you think it is"..;))

Offline Cruceo

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2012, 12:40:48 PM »
Unfortunately this is a big issue to install it remotely..... anyway it is a good piece of software

I liked that part with "default administrator account isn't actually as administrative as you think it is"..;))

TGEYE is a legal monitoring tool and is only intended to be installed by the administrator of the PC. The remote installation features are not meant to sneak it onto a computer, but rather ease mass installations and setup.

And its true, the default admin account isn't an admin; it just has the ability to elevate software to run at the administrative level by right clicking it and selecting that option. The real admin account is hidden by the system and would need to be enabled by an administrative query to run a program as a true admin without right clicking.

Offline dani1961

• Keylogger.Org Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2012, 12:49:00 PM »
Yes, you are right..

Thanks for the info

Offline jessejane

• Keylogger.Org Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2012, 06:24:20 PM »
Hi there,
Im hoping you guys can help. I currently have TGEYE on my home computer which I love. Works great to monitor the kids, however we now have a second laptop in the home. I want to install remotely but Im not sure how to do it. Do you guys know where the files are put onto the remote computer? When I put it on my laptop, I know exactly where the files are kept but Im unsure how it works remotely. Also, when I do sen it remotely, is it going to send me an email and I click a link and then its automatically downloaded? Any info would be great as Im not well versed on this stuff.
Thanks!

Offline Cruceo

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2012, 06:47:14 PM »
Hello,

Which files are you referring to?

If you mean where the files will be installed, the remote installation unit will install them in the same place you set it to be installed with the setup (default: C:/Program Files/TG)

If you mean where you put the file to install it: you can run the remote installation unit from anywhere and it will install itself in the proper place. Just make sure you restart the PC afterwards so everything runs properly and you can delete the remote install unit after that. Also make sure you run it as an administrator or it will not have the necessary permissions to install.

Offline jessejane

• Keylogger.Org Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2012, 06:52:55 PM »
So it will download to program files? Thats where it is on our home lap top but I had to rename them becasue it seemed too easy to locate if one were to be looking in that location. Do you have another suggestion as to where to store the files? BTW- I love your product. Its super easy once its installed. Love it.

Offline Cruceo

• I Love YaBB 2!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
I'm glad you enjoy using TGEYE

If you want it installed in a different directory, then you need to choose that in TGEYESetup before installing.

The directory it installs in is also hidden, so unless the administrator has the viewing of hidden files and folders enabled, it won't be visible.