Author Topic: SPYTECTOR HELP NEEDED!!  (Read 13286 times)

scoobs

SPYTECTOR HELP NEEDED!!
« on: August 11, 2011, 02:23:04 AM »
Right I brought this about 2 weeks ago and I still have not managed to get it to send logs to my email, I was told my the support team at spytector that I should purchase theyre email as it works better than other emails, so I did and still nothing. I can view my pc's activities on the local log viewer but no the remote pc's. I havnt received a single email log as of yet, I have been in touch with ST support but they havnt really helped so if someone could kindly help me it would be greatly appreciated.

I also have a few questions..

1) Is using the spytector.com smpt email the best one to use
with spytector?

2) Does the spytector.com smpt definitely use port 26? Could it possibly use any other ( I was told by ST it has to be port 26)
ports? if so which ones should I try? Is there a chance that port 26
could be blocked?

3) When I set up the server, can I use that same server on multiple
machines or do I have to set up a new server for each different
machine I wish to monitor?

4) When I press test on the email option, will it or should it send me
a test email?

5) On the basic settings when I change the server name and the log
file name, why cant i see these changes? the icon still just says 'server'.

6) Why is it that the email test always says email working regardless
of what I put in the box (invalid email address/wrong password)?

7) The servers that have already been istalled on remote pc's, would I be able to see the logs without email/ftp? If not will it still send me logs when/if I get the email working?

Please help because this has been going on for too long and I need it
working ASAP, thanks, if anyone can get this working through advice on here or teamviewer, I'll pay u! lol thats how much its been doing my head in!!

Many many thanks
Jimmy

Offline frozen

• Keylogger.Org Honored Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
Re: SPYTECTOR HELP NEEDED!!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 07:13:37 AM »
Jimmy, maybe your isp is blocking ports. Try the portforward.com port checking tool from here. http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm
Follow directions and check ports 25/465/587 and 26 if that is what spytector email uses. If they aren't blocked by your isp, then disable your firewall and use the email test button again.
To try and answer you other questions...
1. I don't know, probably though.
2. SMTP ports are usually 25/465/587. Port 25 is often blocked by ISP's
3. Same server on multiple machines will work.
4. Yes it should send you a test email.
5. The name enteredis after it is installed on the machine, not the server name.
6. Don't know
7. Don't know, probably not.

Have you setup ftp yet?

scoobs

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 08:21:44 PM »
Thanks for getting back to me, ok Ive checked  ports 25. 26. 465 and 587 and that application is showing all those ports are closed and the ping couldnt reach the router, so that would be why I dont receive emails right? how would I go about opening them?

scoobs

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 08:24:12 PM »
Oh and no i hav'nt set up the ftp yet, I will do as soon as I get this email malarky sorted. Whats the best ftp server to use would u say?

Offline frozen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 07:03:22 AM »
contact your isp to see if they are blocking ports. Try drivehq for ftp

scoobs

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:43:43 AM »
This is interesting, just got off the phone to O2 (my isp) and they said they dont block ports? :s so if they are not blocking my ports then who is?

edit: Rang again and this time spoke to a man who sounded like he knows whats hes talking about instead of a female student!! The guy said O2 block ports and I asked them to open/forward them for me but he wouldnt as 'O2 dont support this', he kept saying that! Apparently an average internet user would not need to use it, theyd just need the internet browsing! Any ideas frozen about what I can do now?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 11:27:39 AM by scoobs »

Offline frozen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 03:58:45 PM »
to play online games, you need to have open ports. Tell them you need to play an online game. Or tell them you will cancel your service if they don't unblock the ports. Play Hardball. Or tell them you are setting up an email client like Thunderbird.
Also, you are using authenticated email sending? That is where you enter in the email account password.

fallin_out_x0

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 07:54:38 PM »
Here's the post where I mentioned what finally worked for me. After speaking here with frozen and contacting spytector (You dont need to use their email client, but most are uncompatible):

huzzah! Used both emails as aol addresses, smtp.aol.com for smtp address, and port 587. works! good stuff, i was starting to lose faith that i'd get this to work anytime soon. Thanks for all the help

Make sure you authenticate the email and enter in the correct email address and password for that email in your email settings as well.

scoobs

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
@Frozen O2 have said they will get back to me regarding forwarding ports after I said Id leave them but still havnt heard anything as of yet, will keep u updated. However I have manually tried to forward them using my router homepage, it has worked to a certain extent. When I check the ports using PFportchecker it says the port is open but they were unable to ping the router. What does this mean? Its half open??

I have also set up the ftp using driveHQ and port 21 (which I opened but again the router could not be pinged) the test works fine and I get the smiley face but dont get any logs sent via FTP? I can feel its very close to working but not quite there yet!

@fallinout Did you use the same AOL email for both or 2 different AOL emails? I have tried the same AOL email on both send and receive using port 587 but I cant say Ive had much luck!

fallin_out_x0

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »
I made two separate, authenticating the send one with the log in info.

also did you double check you're using that SMTP address I listed. The 'get SMTP' option doesn't pull up the correct address.

scoobs

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 08:52:08 PM »
OK finally the test email worked! I used the same AOL address for both, is that a problem? Now just waiting to see if I actually receive the logs in an email. I also had winspy installed on my laptop, I have uninstalled it now, would that clash with spytector in any way?

Edit: I get the test for both, email and ftp but no logs for either?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 09:25:04 PM by scoobs »

Offline frozen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 06:53:44 AM »
fallin_out, I'm glad it worked out for you.  :)
Edit: I get the test for both, email and ftp but no logs for either?
scoobs, you may need to wait for the log to reach the pre-set sending size, but it looks like you are almost there.

scoobs

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »
the preset size i changed to 1024 kb and Ive used it for a few hours since then, yeh its nearly there but not quite sure what else I can do! BOTH  (ftp/email) of the tests work now, they just dont send me any logs!

Here are my settings, maybe its something in there..

Email settings:
send email to: [email protected]
send from email: [email protected]
smtp address: smtp.aol.com
password authentication: ********
smtp port: 587
enable email: tick
encryted email log: unticked
testing works

FTP settings:ftp address: ftp.drivehq.com
ftp user: myusername
ftp password: ********
ftp directory: root (blank)
ftp port: 21
enable ftp: tick
encryt ftp log: unticked
testing works

SERVER settings: Ticked: Allow server overwriting, active after 1 minute, inactive before boot, show message, uninstall with hotkey.
Unticked: Melt server, uninstall after sending 'x' logs, restrict access, HTTP check for removal.

LOG options:

ALL ticked except log filter
include URL history (50) entries
send the log file after every (1024)

and thats about all the settings on spytector. The PFportchecker shows all the relevant ports are open BUT a ping could not be reached on the router, I dont know if that could be an issue if someone would like to comment on that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 11:41:44 PM by scoobs »

scoobs

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 12:47:22 AM »
there was another thing I needed to know. Does spytector only send email logs for remote pc's or should it send it for both, local and remote? local meaning where the main spytector is installed on and the 'server' is activated.

Offline frozen

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 06:38:40 AM »
1024kb=1mb, a very large text file. Depending on computer usage, it could take a while to reach that size.(for me, about a week)
If you installed server on  your own comp, it should work.